Most popular species to add to Argentinian Mate
As you know mate is a typical infusion in Argentina. So here are a few of the most popular species to add to Argentinian Mate:
- Pennyroyal; Common to find in the mates of Santiago del Estero.
- Mint; It is digestive and counteracts gastrointestinal disorders.
- Peperina; Easy to find around the Sierras. Aphrodisiac and antispasmodic. It gives a flavor that cannot be defined exactly between sweet or bitter, but it is very fresh and improves breath.
- Cedron; has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and sedative properties. Cedron is a herb that can be added to mate to give it a flavor that improves the bitter touch that yerba mate can sometimes have, in addition to providing an aroma similar to that of lime.
- Marcela; It is used to combat colic, indigestion, heartburn, and other stomach problems.
- Salvia; is digestive, anti-inflammatory.
- Burrito; is digestive, its particular menthol flavor makes it ideal to take in summer.
- Chamomile; has soothing and digestive properties.